Montag, 23. April 2007

Why I'm Nick Heidfeld Fan now

Well, I'd like to go a bit more into detail of my ~15 minutes talk with Nick Heidfeld on the intel Racing Tour Finals. Just because this was my personal highlight and I was so positively surprised. Well, I was watching the race for the M6 on a balcony just above the racers, and then I saw Mario Theissen leaning over and watching the race too. So I went over to him and said, that he shall congratulate Nick to that marvelous overtaking maneuvre against Eyebrow Alonso. His answer was simple: "you can tell it to him by yourself, he's over there". A few meters away also Nick was leaning over and was actually watching the race all by himself.
That was my chance! So I approached him, congratulated him for the maneuvre as opening and we got into talk. After I asked him how he felt in the car his eyes really got lightened up and he had a nice smile on his face. He was also quite surprised how close it looked in the TV afterwards, cause in the car all felt full yunder control and nice. "Eh, that looked quite cool, doesnt it?" ;)

The ice was broken and we had some talk about Live For Speed and the scene and my two drivers down there. He was really interested that there is a gaming scene with semi-professional guys, competing for things. He had a lot of respect about the leader, and the pressure put on him, just because of the knowledge of having a M6 in his hands. I also asked him, why Robert (Kubica) was that slow compared to him, and he said he had some problem with not closing tank-lid, but that's basically costing NO time. Nick shook his shoulders, with a little smile on his face. Must have been something else then ;)
We were both leaning side by side at the balcony watching the race like two buddies from the (sim)racing scene. It felt so natural, totally normal. He was really into it, pulling air through his teeths when nils attacked in last two laps, or when Simon spun out almost hitting nils. Before last turn I had to leave him rapidly, cause I wanted to be with my boys down there, he grinned, knowing a bit how I felt and we said a short good bye. Man, what a great person (still so little :P ). I got someone to cheer for for the next races and seasons :)

1 Kommentar:

ZerFEr hat gesagt…

This is just SOOO great to read.

I am now a Nick Heidfeld fan too!
Great Guy :)